Things to see close to Disney World Orlando Florida
Attractions to see in Florida- Close to Disney
Disney World is a vacation destination by itself though there are many other things to see close to Disney World during your trip to Central Florida. Seasoned travelers know that Walt Disney World Resort was designed to be fun for anyone and not just for kids. Whether you are visiting Disney area for the kid in your or for your kids, it is recommended that you rent your vacation home close to Disney. Of course, if you do have kids, the best part of your Walt Disney World vacation is in experiencing the parks through their eyes. That is when you really understand Walt Disney’s vision of a place where kids and parents can have fun together.
“I do not make films primarily for children. I make them for the child in all of us, whether we be six or sixty. Call the child ‘innocence’. The worst of us is not without innocence, although buried deeply it might be. In my work I try to reach and speak to that innocence, showing it the fun and joy of living; showing it that laughter is healthy; showing it that the human species, although happily ridiculous at times, is still reaching for the stars.” — Walt Disney
Don’t make the mistake of staying away just because you don’t have kids. Singles and couples without children who think a Walt Disney World vacation is just for kids ignore the many “adult” entertainments available throughout the Orlando Florida area. Gourmands, sun-worshippers, world travelers, thrill-seekers, comedy-lovers, film devotees, sports fans, club-hoppers, and history buffs will all find plenty of ways to have a great time all close to Disney or within easy reach from Disney World. Whether you are visiting Disney World with kids or not, staying near Disney World is beneficial as there are so many attractions close to Disney and many things to do close to Disney.
The following are some of the things to see close to Disney. These attractions and activities are easily accessible from other central Florida attractions and most importantly from all our Orlando Florida vacation rental homes.
- Old Town: (by mile marker 8 on Hwy. 192.) This part of the town offers entertainment for the whole family. They have a classic car show on the weekends, lots of shops and a couple of restaurants, and a free ferris wheel (if you find the coupon in one of the many coupon books) as well as other rides (including a giant human sling shot). Coupon books found in all hotels, Denny’s, Pancake House and at Emerald Island Resort Clubhouse.
- Osceola Heritage Park: This park is located at 1875 Silver Spur Lane, (321) 697-3333, (Two miles north on I-92 from Turnpike). Events and recreation complex that includes Osceola County Stadium, Silver Spurs Arena, and other facilities.
- Osceola County Stadium: (407) 933-5400 Spring Training home of the Houston Astros. Catch the excitement of Major League Baseball up close (every year from late February through early April).
- Silver Spurs Arena: This is a multipurpose events arena which hosts shows ranging from rock concerts to competitive rodeos. The annual Silver Spurs Rodeo is hosted here every year in late February.
- Warbird Air Museum: This museum is located at 231 N Hoagland Blvd and they can be reached at (407) 933-1942 . This is an active workshop rather than a museum which specializes in restoring WW2 aircraft to flying condition. Guided tours are available of the workshops and hangers which are crammed with wrecks and bits and pieces of rare aircraft, as well as planes which are flyable or are being restored.
- Osceola County Historical Society: Located at 750 N. Bass Road, (407) 396-8644, Thu - Sat from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm and Sun 01:00 pm to 04:00 pm. Historical village and museum of Kissimmee, with authentic buildings such as a cracker house and horse stables. Entry fee is $5.
Orlando Florida offers many attractions besides Disney World. If you are looking to visit parks other than Disney, there are many attractions close to Disney World. If you are in a mood for things to do close to Disney or interested in a dinner show close to Disney, you will find many alternatives for your vacation in Orlando Florida area - all close to our Orlando Florida vacation rentals.