Florida Homes near Disney World - FAQ
Experience the Benefits of a Vacation Rental Home in Orlando, Florida
A vacation rental home in Orlando, Florida, can be the best option for your family when you are visiting Disney World. Find out more about all there is to do and see in this thrilling area or search our Orlando vacation rentals to find just the right accommodations for you and your family!
If you think that an Orlando vacation rental is right for you, simply fill out our Rental Inquiry form on the left side menu or visit the Reserve Disney Vacation Homes page. You can also view all of our Florida vacation rentals.
If you have questions, please check out our handy FAQ below where we provided answers to many common questions and concerns. We also have made available several informational articles about Florida vacation planning to make your experience as smooth as possible. If you would like speak with us, please contact owners at Florida Homes Disney and we always have time to talk about all things to Disney, Orlando and Florida!
- Who operates Florida Homes near Disney? www.FloridaHomesDisney.com is an owner operated rental who wanted to provide unparalleled customer satisfaction to vacationers visiting Florida and want to take advantage of the spacious rental homes near Disney World. We have been renting luxury vacation homes for travelers from all around the world for the last five years. We are owners ourselves and rent our vacation homes along with those of a few friends.
- Is "Florida Homes Disney" affiliated with any other websites or agencies? We also rent our Florida vacation homes from our two other websites http://www.emeraldislandrentals.com and http://www.mickeyvillas.com We are not affiliated with any other agencies and rent our homes directly from our websites.
- Who can I contact you with questions about making a reservation for one of the homes listed here? Please see the contact Florida Homes near Disney for our contact details.
- How do I reserve a vacation home? Once you select the vacation home of your choice, we will provide you with a link to make a reservation. You do not have to mail any documents to reserve our homes.
- How do I know that the vacation homes listed here exist prior to making a reservation? All vacation homes being rented from this website are being rented by owners directly to you. They will be glad to show you the latest copy of the utility bill showing their details and the vacation homes address. All the homes listed here can also be checked against the county records to ensure that the vacation home does exist, and that the person listing the home does in fact own the property. We will be happy to assist you in locating the County records that you can verify on your own as well. In addition, you can read the references and testimonials from past guests.
- How much deposit is required at the time of reservation? For us to hold the vacation home of your choice, we need a 20% down (at least $250 per week for 3 and 4 bedroom homes; $500 per week for 6 and 7 bedroom homes).
- Why should I rent Florida homes and vacation villas from owners directly rather than go through a travel agent?
There are three kinds of vacation home owners. Some owners rent only through their management company and take nothing to do with bookings or running of their home. Other owners take bookings themselves but also take bookings from their management companies. Then there are the owners that look after all there bookings themselves.
With the last two you get the personal attention of the owner and will know exactly where you will be staying. The owner has a vested interest in their guests having an enjoyable vacation, and a happy guest will likely be a return customer. If they are prepared to go to all the trouble to manage their own bookings you can be sure their homes will be maintained to a high standard. Dealing with travel agents, you will be placed in a home looked after by a management company. While they undoubtedly appreciate your booking, they have large contracts with the travel agents and don’t count on your repeat business. You may possibly have no idea where you will be staying; you will more than likely have to drive to the management company’s offices to collect the keys. In essence it’s a gamble, but more often than not your vacation will be fine. You do however; stand a greater chance of something going wrong.
If you book directly from the owner you have access to the person who makes the decisions and can usually sort things out 24 hours a day. All the vacation homes featured on this website are vacation homes being rented by owners who look after their homes and guests actively and are committed to providing you the personal attention that you expect and deserve as a vacationer.
- Do we need the pool/spa heat when renting a vacation home with private pool? During summer months, you may want to consider opting for spa heat if you like to soak-up in the bubbling spa water. You will not need the pool heating option during summer. Starting from October to March, the water is temperatures are low and we recommend that you opt for pool/spa heat option. Please note that in Florida’s winter months temperatures can drop to as low as 30°F.
- When will I receive welcome instructions and access codes to the vacation home? All welcome instructions and access codes to our homes will be sent within one to two days of receiving all rental payments and security deposit.
- Are the homes presented on this site timeshares? All the homes offered for rental on our site are privately owned licensed vacation homes and are not timeshares.
- If I rent a specific vacation home will I be guaranteed the same home? Homes shown on this site are the actual homes that are offered for rental. They are not sample homes. When you reserve a vacation home, the same home will be offered for your vacation.
- How far are your vacation rentals from each other? All our vacation rentals are in Emerald Island Resort. Some of our homes are behind each other and some are at a 2-10 minute walking distance. Please see the map of our Orlando rentals on Google to better assess the distance.
- Where are the vacation homes listed on this site located? All of our Florida vacation homes are located in Kissimmee in Emerald Island Resort which is a sought-after gated community.
- How far are your vacation homes from Disney World and other Florida attractions? All our vacation homes are within close proximity of all Disney World theme parks with easy access to Sea World, Universal Studios. You can also access any of the Florida beaches that are close to Orlando within a few hours from our vacation rental homes. Disney World is 3 miles and it takes 5-10 minutes to be at Disney World main gate from any of the homes listed on our site.
- I am from Canada/USA how do I get my payment to you? Payment can be sent by regular post from Canada or USA, All Payments must be in US Dollars. Payment is also accepted by PayPal, credit card with a 4% transaction fee.
- Are the rental homes shown on this website 'sample' or 'teaser' homes? Absolutely not! These are the exact vacation homes that we have available. we do not assign homes upon arrival, rather you choose the home that meets your family needs ad reserve. You will be staying in that exact house.
- Are your homes licensed as vacation homes? Yes, all our vacation homes are certified as vacation homes. Per state and county laws a certificate is displayed in the home.
- Are your vacation homes smoke-free? Yes, all our vacation homes are strictly smoke-free. Any indication of smoking inside the home will be strictly handled in accordance with the reservation terms. You may smoke outside the home.
- Are linens towels and blankets part of the rental? Yes, all our vacation homes come standard with linens, blankets and towels.
- Do homes come with washer and dryer? All of our vacation homes have full size washer and dryer.
- Can we bring our (trained) pets? Sorry, all our homes are strictly pet-free as small kids who stay in our vacation homes may have allergies and also due to risk to the furnishings. Any violations are dealt strictly dealt in accordance with terms of rental agreement.
- What is the maximum occupancy of your homes? Are there any per person charges? In accordance with local regulations and guidelines, the maximum occupancy of our Florida vacation homes is as follows: 3 bed: 8; 4 bed: 10; 6 bed: 14; 7 bed: 16. The prices we quote are for your entire home and not per person.
- Are your homes air conditioned/ heated in summer and winter respectively? Our homes have both air conditioning and heating available. Our 6 and 7 bed vacation rentals have game-rooms also air-conditioned.
- Are there any shopping centers/restaurants close to the resort? There are many shopping centers, pharmacies, grocery stores, restaurants, banks, fueling stations and more just minutes from our vacation rentals. The nearest grocery store is less than 2 miles away and the famous Formosa Gardens shopping center is about one mile away.
- How can I make payment after making a reservation? We accept payments via personal check, money order, cashier’s check and bank draft at no extra cost. We will provide additional details upon confirming you reservation. You can also pay with credit card or PayPal with a 4% transaction fee.
- How much security/damage deposit is required? A security deposit for any damages is required in the amount of $250 for 3 and 4 bedroom homes; $500 for 6 and 7 bedroom homes). We can also hold this deposit on a credit card in terms of an authorization.
- When will the security/damage deposit refunded? Security deposit is refunded/released within one to two weeks from your departure. If there are damages that need to be rectified, it may take up to six weeks for us to refund/release the same.
- When is the final rent balance due? Your final rent balance is due 10 weeks prior to your arrival along with refundable security deposit. If you want us to hold the security deposit on a credit card, we will do so about two weeks prior to arrival.
- How do I know that my payment has reached you for the down payment/final balance? We will send you an email confirming a receipt of all payments.
- Where do I obtain keys for the vacation home once I am in Florida? All of our vacation homes and villas have either a keyless entry system or a combination lock. We will provide you with the codes for the villa as well as directions, check-in and check-out information prior to your arrival. You don't have to visit any offices in Florida to pick-up/drop-off keys during your stay at any of our Florida homes.
- What is the process to check-in on the day of arrival? All welcome instructions will be provided to you prior to your arrival, often as soon as the final payment is made. On the day of your arrival you will straight go to vacation home that you reserved and access the home.
- What is the process to check-out on the day of departure? Check-out instructions are provided as part of the welcome instructions. All of our homes are self-catering and we expect that you tidy-up the place and leave the home in clean condition by disposing garbage on the designated days. Further instructions will be provided with the welcome instructions. You do not have to meet for anyone to check you out. Pack-up your belongs, tidy-up the place, lock and leave.
- What are the check-in and check-out times? Check-in anytime after 04:00 pm and check-out any time before 10:00am.
- Who do I contact for any issues during our stay? All our Florida vacation homes are managed by licensed, professional local management company who will be available to answer any questions and address your concerns. Their contact information will be provided to you as part of the welcome instructions.
- Do I need to rent a car for my stay in Orlando area? I heard Disney World offers free transportation. We recommend that you rent a car which gives you the flexibility to go shopping or visiting the parks at your own terms. You can always call the cab or a private shuttle service, but that might become more expensive than renting a car if you have to take frequent trips. Transportation offered by Disney World is limited to theme parks only and does not extend to private rentals.
- I am considering a Golf vacation and need a vacation rental close to Golf courses. Are there any golf courses close to your vacation homes? Some of the best Orlando golf courses are close to our vacation homes including Golf courses at Disney, Celebration Golf Club, Champions Gate, Falcon's Fire and Mystic Dunes. The closest golf course is Mystic Dunes located only five minutes away from our vacation homes.
- What are the parking facilities at the vacation homes? What are the fees involved? Ample parking is available either on the driveway or across from the vacation villa. Also, parking is free at our vacation homes. Please note that large recreational vehicles, buses, RVs, commercial vehicles, converted vans, church buses/vans are not permitted to be parked anywhere in the resort.
- Is there internet available at the vacation rentals? All our Orlando rentals offer free secure wired and wireless (Wi-Fi) at our villas. Please bring your laptop and Ethernet cable.